You need to apply fast for the position of DHS-Clerical Support at the Mississippi State Personnel Board – Humphreys County, MS to live and work in the US. This government job pays $16,976 a year.
The office is tasked with the orderly processing of papers and performance of routine work that supports the county offices of the Department of Human Services.
Based on the framework of procedures, regulations, instructions, and precedents, the DHS-Clerical Support at the Mississippi State Personnel Board processes and records maintenance and written materials for the office served. The incumbent may be directly charged to supervise subordinate employees.
DHS-Clerical Support Classified Duties at the Mississippi State Personnel Board
Examples of duties carried out in this classification include, but not limited to, the following:
- Receives and routes office visitors and telephone calls to the appropriate destination or individual.
- Performs verifying or recording tasks which require the ability to make mathematical computations such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing.
- Handles outgoing/incoming mail; weighs and addresses mail for proper routing.
- Orders supplies and forms
- Gathers routine, factual information from clients and enters it into the computer, where available, so as to start the process of choosing initial or on-going eligibility.
- Offers routine, factual information to the agency officials over the telephone, through personal contact, or by correspondence.
- Maintains a filing system for classifying, retrieving, and disposing of such materials as correspondence, records, tapes, reports, and other documents.
- Types tabular, numerical, or single item entries onto cards, forms, form letters, or similar pre-structured documents requiring accuracy to ensure proper recording and transfer of factual information.
Education: Four-year high school graduate or equivalent (GED or High School Equivalency Diploma).
Essential Functions: Further functions may be identified and included by the hiring agency. These tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Executes general receptionist responsibilities involved in answering the telephone, greeting clients and visitors, and responding to emails.
- Registers and create case records and secures basic computer data for new applications, recertification, and re-determination.
- Performs secretarial duties which comprise typing, maintaining office files, and ordering supplies and forms for office use.
These qualifications above have been selected by Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in this job class based upon a job analysis and the essential functions. However, if you believe you qualify for the job but do not have the set minimum, you may request special consideration through substitution of related education and experience, proving the ability to execute the essential functions of the position.
Any request to substitute related education or experience for minimum qualifications must be addressed to the Mississippi State Personnel Board in writing, identifying the related education and experience which demonstrates the candidate’s ability to perform all essential functions of the position.
How To Apply
If you find yourself qualified for this position, we will be glad to receive your resume. Be sure to find out how to immigrate to the US. by a job offer.
You may apply for this position via https://www.governmentjobs.com/jobs/2579912-0/dhs-clerical-support