Knowing your eligible chances on how to immigrate to the US is the first step of your immigration process. There are four distinct methods that you can seek to immigrate. These include Family, Job Offer, Investment or School Acceptance letter. Each of these categories has separate eligibility requirements which demand you meet the requirements in order to immigrate to the US.
However, there are particular standard requirements that are across different immigration types. These include meeting the requirements for Criminal eligibility and health requirements.
For criminal eligibility, you must prove that you don’t have any criminal record. If you do have any criminal record, then you have to apply for a waiver before qualifying for immigration.
As for the health requirements, you will need to provide a health exam taken in your home country if you are immigrating from certain countries.
Family-based petitions offer the opportunity for immigrants to immigrate based on their familial relationships with people who are already living in the US to apply for Green Cards. For you to become eligible for this type of immigration you must meet one of the following criteria:
- If you are the Immediate Relative of a US Citizen. Either by being a Spouse, an unmarried child under the age of 21, Parent of a US citizen over the age of 21.
- where you are related to a Citizen of the United States or a person of a lawful permanent resident. If you are related to a US citizen, you are either or an unmarried son or daughter over the age of 21, a married son or daughter, a brother or sister, and your US citizen sibling is over the age of 21.
- Have a relationship to a Lawful Permanent Resident, you are maybe a Spouse, the unmarried child under the age of 21, the unmarried son or daughter over the age of 21.
- You are the Fiance of a US Citizen or the Fiance’s child.
- A Widow(er) of a US Citizen.
- You are the victim of battery or extreme cruelty at the hands of a US Citizen. Which is to say, you may have been the abused spouse of a US citizen or a lawful permanent resident OR you are the abused child (under 21 and unmarried) of US citizen or a lawful permanent resident OR you are the abused parent of a US citizen.
If you are able to meet the outlined criteria above, that shows you will be eligible to immigrate to the US. Therefore, you can apply to the US. family immigration.
Many are seeking job offer to immigrate to the US. in order to work. However, the US is focused on employing the best skills around the globe to work in the US.
There are non-immigrant work visas in which you can get a job offer in the US for a predefined timeframe yet you at that point must come back to your country of origin.
School Acceptance Letter
Although studying in the US does not automatically lead to immigration, individuals who have studied in the States are able to apply for work visas and ultimately, Green Cards if they wish. In order to be eligible to study in the US on a visa, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in a full time academic, language or vocational program.
- Attending a school that is approved by USCIS.
- Must be proficient in English or be enrolled in a program that will teach English proficiency.
- Possess sufficient funds to support your entire time in the US.
- Have a residence abroad that you can return to at the end of your course.