Are you dreaming of a brighter future in a foreign land? Look no further than Canada. A land of vast opportunities and welcoming communities, with its robust economy and immigrant-friendly policies. Generally, jobs that are in demand in Canada include those in the healthcare sector, technology field, and scientific areas.
However, the labor shortage in Canada continues to be a big problem for the government. Welcoming skilled foreigners to Canada has continued to be a concern of the Canadian government for 2023 and beyond. Furthermore, the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) in Canada sheds light on which jobs are in demand for immigration.
In this article, we will discuss extensively the jobs that are in demand in Canada. Read on.
Living and Working in Canada
If your work experience is in demand, you may be eligible for a provincial nomination for permanent residence. Below are some of the top jobs that are in demand in Canada. In addition, if you have work experience in one of these jobs, you will be eligible for a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).
Dive in as we take you through some jobs that are in demand in Canada.
Top Ten Jobs That Are in Demand in Canada
The top 10 most common jobs that are in demand in Canada are listed below.
1. Registered Nurse (RN)
Jobs in the healthcare sector are still in demand in many provinces across Canada. However, the pandemic played a major role in the short supply of nurses. Many provinces are now targeting PNP draws for registered nurses.
Because of the high demand for nurses, there are many immigration choices available to overseas candidates with experience in nursing. It’s to encourage them to consider Canada as a choice to immigrate to.
- The average annual salary is $70,975.
- Some highest paying Provinces include the Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon.
- The minimum education is a Bachelor’s degree and registration with a provincial or territorial regulatory authority.
2. Web Developers
A web developer is a specialist involved in the development of applications and websites. Although there may be a gigantic scope to the project you will have the chance to work on. However, with the flourishing tech industry, there are many options for tech workers to immigrate to Canada.
- An average annual salary of $72,627.
- Highest Paying Provinces include Ontario, Alberta, and Manitoba.
- The minimum education required is a Bachelor’s degree.
3. Electrical Engineer
Electrical engineering is another job that is in demand in Canada. Its career pathway requires designing, analyzing, and specifying electrical systems. However, these systems are likely constructed and tested by electrical engineers, making them essential in the whole process.
Also, those working in this field are expected to maintain these systems and components to ensure they operate safely. Nonetheless, it is a position that requires a high level of education.
- An average annual salary is $91,832.
- Highest paying provinces for electrical engineers include Alberta, Newfoundland & Labrador, and Saskatchewan.
- The minimum education is a Bachelor of Science in engineering.
4. Truck Driver
Truck driving is another in-demand job available in Canada. These drivers are needed in almost every Canadian province and territory to transport commercial goods from one point to another.
- An average annual salary is around $46,828.
- The highest-paying Provinces include British Columbia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Nova Scotia.
- Its minimum education required is Completion of truck driver training alongside appropriate licensing and endorsements.
Another of the jobs in demand in Canada is a welder. Canada expects to add 25,000 welding positions to the economy by 2028, making this job in high demand. Welding positions are in high demand throughout British Columbia and Prince Edward Island. However, people with welding experience have a higher advantage when considering where to immigrate.
- An average annual salary is between $18.00/hour and $41.10/hour.
- The highest-paying Provinces are Alberta, Saskatchewan, and British Columbia.
- Minimum education Varies but typically onsite training and a training certificate.
Just like most places around the world, Canadians love their pets. But unfortunately, veterinarians are short in supply in Canada. It made the job one of the most in-demand in Canada for several years.
Many provinces have specific targeted PNP draws aimed at encouraging more vets to the country. Even though a veterinarian trying to build a career path in Canada is required to have a license. It is gotten from the regulatory body within the provinces as it is a provincially regulated occupation.
- Its average annual salary is $95,804.
- The highest-paying provinces include Saskatchewan, Edmonton, and Calgary.
- The required minimum education is a Veterinarian license.
7. Healthcare and Special Assistance
The Healthcare industry has jobs that are in demand in Canada. With an aging population and a growing need for healthcare services, there is a continuous demand for skilled professionals. Furthermore, this sector currently has vacancies of 144,500.
Therefore, doctors, nurses, medical technicians, pharmacists, and caregivers can plan immigration to Canada. In addition, positions in social assistance like social workers and counselors, are also jobs in demand. This sector offers,
- An average annual salary of $55,564.
- The highest-paying Provinces include Manitoba, Alberta, and Saskatchewan.
- With minimum education of a Bachelor’s degree and registration with a provincial or territorial regulatory authority.
8. Industrial Electrician
It is another job that is in demand in Canada. Electricians benefit some of the best jobs in the skilled pathway. Particularly, Industrial electricians are in peak demand all around the country. Newcomers with relevant education and employment experience can land a job in Canada as an industrial electrician or something similar.
- The average annual salary is $68,000.
- Highest-paying Provinces include Alberta, Newfoundland, Labrador, and Saskatchewan.
- The required minimum education is on-the-site training and a trade certification.
Pharmacists are responsible for distributing medicine and providing health consultations to advise about medications. These jobs are in peak demand in Canada. A pharmacist can work either in a hospital, or a pharmacy, or be self-employed.
However, to become a pharmacist, you must have a degree in pharmacy, pass the expected examination, and register in your province. Similar to other jobs in the medical field, pharmacists have been in high demand in recent years.
- The average annual salary is $89,314.
- An expected minimum education is a degree in pharmacy.
- The highest-paying Provinces are British Columbia, Quebec, and New Brunswick.
Another of the jobs in demand in Canada is an accountant. It is vital to the operations of a successful company. However, as businesses grow in a post-pandemic economy, managing finances becomes an increasingly important factor in maintaining success. Accountants can expect to find job opportunities throughout the country with potential growth within the next few years.
- An average annual salary of $56,257.
- The highest-paying Provinces include Alberta, British Columbia, and Quebec.
- A minimum education of Business-related Diploma or Bachelor’s degree.
Top Companies Recruiting Jobs That Are in Demand in Canada
Generally, several good companies in Canada are constantly looking for people with skills and potential that are in high demand. The list of jobs in demand in Canada is known for having the best knowledge in their fields. Therefore, they are committed to new ideas and giving employees a lot of benefits.
Some well-known companies that hire for jobs that are in demand in Canada are listed below.
Shopify is a top e-commerce company known for its easy-to-use services, cutting-edge technology, and practical solutions. Also, jobs like software engineers, data researchers, and UX/UI designers are mostly open at the company.
2. TD Bank
As one of the biggest banks in Canada, TD Bank has a lot of employees in areas like finance, technology, and customer service. In addition, this bank is always looking for financial experts, people who know about cyber security, and project managers.
Amazon is another well-known company that hires top jobs in demand in Canada. It has a strong foothold in Canada and emphasizes using the latest technology in business. Generally, they need people with jobs like software writers, supply chain analysts, and robotics engineers.
However, with a giant and varied economy, there is always a need for professional workers in many different fields. There are a lot of jobs in demand in Canada to look into, whether in the healthcare sector, technology, finance, or skilled trades. Therefore, if you are determined and interested in working hard, Canada is one of the best places to succeed and find happiness.
Nonetheless, start your journey by taking the first step towards a rewarding job that benefits your skills and goals. Therefore, with a little hard work and dedication, you can land the job of your dreams and enjoy a prosperous future. We wish you the best of luck as you take that bold step today.