Get to be one of those first 25 candidates to be selected for the position of Health Care Aide at SE Health in Wetaskiwin, Alberta province of Canada. Availability to work Days is important as this is a temporary or Contract job type that comes with compensation of $19.19 per hour.
In SE Health, your passion as Health Care Aide is to use your caregiver knowledge, skill and judgment to render integrated and holistic nursing care to provide for the physical, safety, emotional and spiritual needs of people of all ages and their care needs. Take the chance to know your Eligibility For Canada’s Home Child Care Provider Pilot.
Health Care Aide Responsibilities:
- Assist residents with hospitality model services, such as personal care, activities of daily living, laundry, light housekeeping, meal delivery assistance, orderly or porter service, recreational activities support and leisure activities based on individual care plans.
- Provide requirements for Medication Assistance Program based on a resident care plan
- Report changes in resident conditions including other pertinent information such as maintenance issues, and concerns to the LPN in a timely manner.
- Flexibility to routine change so as to accommodate the needs of the resident.
- Ensure resident care is provided in a way that reflects resident choice, dignity, privacy, independence, spirituality, as well as individuality inclusive of a home-like environment as per the Eden Philosophy framework.
- Provide quality service as Health Care Aide based on the Care Plan and SE Health policies and procedures, including participating in the development and updating of care plans.
- Daily charting within the approved documentation system.
- Participates actively in all ongoing educational programs.
Health Care Aide Requirements At SE Health:
- HCA certificate with GED or Grade 12 English equivalency.
- A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check and Criminal Reference Check issued in the past 60 days.
- Current immunization record with a current TB test within 1 year
- Skills for household management and Food Safe certificate is preferred
- Working knowledge of assistive aids as well as recent experience with elderly or disabled persons in a supportive living environment is preferred.
- Palliative Care training and experience is an asset
- Compassionate, respectful and sincere attitude and the ability to handle conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Flexibility to a changing work environment.
- Good computer skills and the ability for verbal and written effective communication and exercise good judgment.
- Capability to lift up to 25 kilograms and to lift and bend in awkward positions when assisting clients.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. Click here to view related care jobs. If you will need accommodations due to illness or disability, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Look out for Tips For Immigrants Seeking A Career In Canada. Apply for the position when you visit the company website at https://careercollege.sehc.com/employment-services/
About Saint Elizabeth
SE Health is a Social Enterprise that applies our knowledge, vision and drive to endlessly impact how people live and age at home. SE Health is a not-for-profit charitable organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise.
We are committed to delivering quality care, innovative solutions, and education to people as they need it. We deliver through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, 20,000 care exchanges daily, which totals up to 50 million in the last decade alone. In 2019 we were honored to be nominated by Forbes as one of Canada’s Best Employers.