You will be able to earn $78,691 a year to work for NYC Administration for Children’s Services – New York, NY as Nurse Reviewer within the Financial District area.
NYC Administration for Children’s Services Nurse Reviewer Duties
At Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) Office of Child and Family Health (OCFH), we are committed to delivering direct medical services to children in foster care and ensure an appropriate and comprehensive physical health care is provided.
The Medical Audit Unit within OCFH is in charge of reviewing foster care medical records and to ensure the established health standards for children in foster care is complied with. The Audit Nurse will be tasked with conducting medical case reviews for all foster care agencies within the 5 boroughs. Duties of the NYC Administration for Children’s Services Nurse Reviewer will include but not be limited to:
- Make a review of medical records at ACS and contracted agencies for compliance with established health care standards to foster care youths
- Liaise with contracted agencies for the purpose of the scheduling of reviews
- Assist Nurse Supervisor in developing corrective action plans for identified areas
- Using developed agency tool and scoring methods to rate compliance with all Federal, State, and City regulations and guidelines for the medical services offered to children in foster care
- Support Nurse Supervisor in finding training issues
- Determine and screen case reviews for special medical needs
- Assist in providing technical assistance to agencies as a necessity for implementing an approved corrective action plan.
- In charge of ongoing special case reviews as assigned.
Preferred Skills & Minimum Qual Requirements
- A valid New York State License and current registration as a Registered Nurse.
- Some work experience with Foster care or Juvenile Justice.
- Prior experience with medical record auditing and expertise in handling young adults and/or children with intellectual disabilities, mental or behavioral health diagnoses, and medical diagnoses.
- Preferred knowledge of Special Education and Early Intervention but not required.
Section 424-A of the New York Social Services Law demands that an authorized agency to confirm if a candidate for employment who is caring for a child has been the subject of a child abuse and maltreatment report.
The Administration for Children’s Services and the City of New York are Equal Opportunity Employers committed to Diversity. However, you need to learn how to immigrate to the US. by a job offer.
How To Apply: NYC Administration for Children’s Services Nurse Reviewer
If you want to work with the NYC Administration for Children’s Services as a Nurse Reviewer, ensure to send your application with an updated Resume. Find out What To Avoid When Writing A Good Resume.
You can apply on company site and Click “Apply Now” button or visit the career page via https://www1.nyc.gov/site/acs/about/Careers-at-ACS.page
In case you are reluctant, see how to opt for related Nursing jobs in Canada.
Generally, a New York City residency will be required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees who have certain titles and have worked for the City for 2 years may be also eligible to reside in Nassau, Orange County, Putnam, Rockland, Suffolk, and Westchester. Please discuss with the agency representative at the time of the interview so as to determine if the residency requirement applies to you.