You are advised to immediately apply if you qualify for a Carpenter with Toronto Catholic District School Board, Toronto, Ontario. This job will earn you $34.63 per hour with amazing benefits.
Please be informed that working hours should be expected to fall within the evening shift band and may change consistently with the collective agreement. However, you will be able to Explore The Advantages Of Schooling In Canada.
The working hours will be confirmed upon hire. Also, flexible home base is to be determined by management, based on system requirement.
Written and practical tests will be facilitated to shortlisted candidates
Carpenter Responsibilities At Catholic District School Board
The ideal candidates for the role of Catholic District School Board Carpenter will be reporting to the Facilities Supervisor, and be in charge of maintenance services which includes:
- Repairing millwork, furniture, and various equipment types
- Refurbishing of portables
- Door hardware repairs
- Responsible for safe operation and maintenance of company vehicle, and safekeeping of tools supplied by the Board, safe operation while in use
- Maintain accurate records such as work orders, timesheets, vehicle maintenance, and mileage reports
- Execute other job-related duties as assigned
- The proper use of safety protective equipment is mandatory at all times
Skills And Experience
- Tradesman with recommendable knowledge of the building trades
- At least five years of practical experience in construction, maintenance, or service industry
- Technical knowledge of building materials and how to use them
- Ability to function without close supervision
- General Carpentry Certificate of competence from Ontario Ministry of Skills and Development candidates are required to submit their Carpentry Certificate with their application
- Preference for proficiency in the English language in order to comprehend manuals and maintain work records
- Must have Ontario Driver’s “G” License that’s valid and have a reliable automobile (candidates must submit their driver’s license with their application). In the situation of being selected for an interview, you must submit proof of good driving record prior to the interview.
Barrier-Free Recruitment and Selection
The TCDSB is poised to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please endeavor to prompt the Human Resources department, at the time of your application, of the need for accommodation so that we can assess all candidates in a fair and equitable manner.
You may be required to submit documentation to support the accommodation prior to the implementation of the accommodation measures.
How To Apply: Catholic District School Board Carpenter
Interested applicants are requested to submit a completed résumé, cover letter, and any related educational documents, and reference letters, no later than Tuesday, October 8, 2019. Look out for what to avoid when writing a good resume.
We will be sure glad to receive your anticipated applications, however, we will only be able to communicate those selected for further consideration.
Please be informed that all applicants will be required to provide applicable education/qualifications documents as part of their application.