Working with us as Weekend Parcel Delivery Relief personnel draws lots of advantage. Canada Post is Canada’s leading e-commerce and customer communication solution.
This type of employment is on temporary On-Call basis with 3 vacancies available. This means that you will be called in for work when work is available. All you need is to be flexible to work on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.
There’s significantly more to a fun and energizing work life at Canada Post than a great job with an extraordinary company. We’ll enable you to accomplish your maximum capacity.
You’ll discover chances to create and grow your career, opportunities to evaluate new openings in various zones of the company or even a total difference in the career path.
Does this sound like you? The job of Weekend Parcel Delivery Relief would be an extraordinary fit if you like meeting individuals and making their day, enjoy being outside and dynamic year-round. Working for an incredible national company would be your delight and the honor of serving your fellow Canadians.
Job Responsibilities of Weekend Parcel Delivery Relief
- You’ll go about your day in the depot with sorting and preparing the day’s deliveries
- Load and drive a Canada Post postal vehicle
- Spend most part of your day outside with packages delivery by vehicle to customers on your route
- Operate portable communication devices which comprise two-way radios or texting, PDT’s
- Be the face of Canada Post in a professional way
- Safeguard and maintain all mail items and Canada Post property
- Effectively communicate with customers as well as the general public
- Satisfactorily operate a vehicle in a safe manner when applicable
- Maintain a responsible driving record and class of provincial driver’s license as required
- Lift mail items that might weigh up to 22.7 kilograms (50 pounds) and carry mail items that might weigh up to 15.9 kilograms (35 pounds)
- Safely work in all of the outdoor elements such as in snow, rain, hail, icy conditions, etc
Qualifications you must have
- Essential language requirement for this position is the English language
- Possessing a valid Class 5 or Class G driver’s license with a safe driving record for at least 3 years
- Prior experience in customer service will be considered an asset
- Experience in delivery or any driving role will be an asset
- You will need to pass a pre-employment test, an interview, and a Pre-Employment Physical assessment and a step van driving test
- This is a weekend delivery position that involves being available to work at Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.
- Sometimes you can be assigned to work through statutory holidays which includes the day before and after
- Will necessarily need to successfully complete a compulsory 2 consecutive weeks of training from Monday to Friday
- This position will be most favorable for applicants who are resident within a 50 km radius of work location.
In return, we offer competitive pay, Explore The Advantages Of Schooling In Canada, safety-sensitive positions, employment equity, conflict of interest as well as comfortable accommodation.
You must note that your application must clearly demonstrate how you can meet the requirements as Canada Post will not be able to make assumptions about your education and experience. We commend all those who apply for the position of Weekend Parcel Delivery Relief. Only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.